This is my first posting of Life Management Skills! Something to share with you all is that when I first came into ngee ann poly, I realised that its not a easy thing at all. Comparing with my previous school ITE Bishan, there are huge changes. The teaching pace is way too fast! Not only that, students coming after their O levels mostly speaks fluent English, I am quite embarrass about myself for being unable to speak English as fluent or as good as them. But after some thoughts, I don't think it matters much to them anyway. It's myself being a little bit too self conscious but it is a natural thing I guess, for my character to feel that way.
I decided to speak English with my friends every time from now, most likely with friends without fluent speaking ability so we can practise the language and to improve together. At first, we felt awkward because we have been speaking in mandarin all the time since the day we know each other. Its a few days speaking ONLY English with my friend, I am not too sure whether I had improved or not, thats my blind spot I guess..
Overall I think self awareness can be good and bad, depending on how optimistic the person is. For me, I will be happy to change myself for the better if I know any thing about me goes wrong. Same for my blind spot, I hope people can point them out to me and when I realised it is wrong to do that something I will change it for good if it can be changed. The more bad points I know I have override by good points, the higher self-esteem I will have.
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jeffrey, sit next to Shalini all the time. She is very pleasant and friendly. You would benefit from interacting with her and helping you to improve your spoken language.
NP's environment will put you in good stead. You will surely turn out alright by the end of the course. Put in your best and see me if you have any concern. I am happy to help you out.
In your next blog, try to apply learning experiences from the anger topic to your personal situations and growth. This way, you would be able to draw more value from the module.
Post a Comment